Tourism for Everyone
Accessible Travel & Tourism International Conference
11 & 12 January 2024
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel, Dubai, UAE
Held under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum
President of the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority,
Chairman of Dubai Airports, Chairman and Chief Executive of Emirates Airline and Group
Message from the Event Patron
As part of our efforts to achieve the government’s vision and goal of making the UAE the most preferred and friendliest tourist destination for People of Determination, I am pleased to announce that Dubai will host the 4th edition of Accessible Travel and Tourism International Conference.
Top representatives from international organisations, decision-makers and experts from the government and private sectors will participate in the Summit to shed light on the needs and expectations of millions of tourists with disabilities who travel annually with regards to infrastructure, land transportation, air travel, tourism, entertainment facilities, shopping centres and other facilities and discuss effective strategies to meet these requirements.
The Conference has achieved overwhelming success levels in its 3rd edition, and I look forward to it getting your continuous support and participation. This global gathering will undoubtedly contribute towards achieving our vision of making the UAE, with Dubai in the lead, the best tourist destination in the world for People of Determination.
We will continue our unfettered support of the national economy by attracting a large segment of tourists with disabilities, accounting for 10% of the total global tourists – an estimated 120 million, who deserve to enjoy their lives and travel the world freely, with appropriate facilities and infrastructure.
Officials and Expert Speakers
Message from the Organiser
The Accessible Travel and Tourism International Conference comes as a qualitative addition to the continuing global efforts at making the world increasingly accessible to tourists with disabilities. International organisations and experts who spoke at the dedicated sessions, shed light on the rights and needs of more than one billion people in the world with disabilities to travel and visit destinations without any barriers and enjoy their airports, airlines, hotels and in-destination landmarks and attractions better and comfortably.
What is Accessible Travel & Tourism International Conference?
A first-of-a-kind in the world in terms of the comprehensive range of topics to be discussed, the conference aims to highlight the legislations, policies and requirements of tourists of determination, in addition to the challenges they face while travelling in relation to available infrastructures, transportation and communications means, education, medical tourism, banking services and qualified human resources capable of dealing with them, among other equally important related issues.
ATTIC 2022 Highlights & Achievements
- His Excellency Ahmed Aboul Gheit, Secretary General of the League of Arab States, opens the summit and calls for strengthening the services provided by Arab and international cities to tourists with disabilities
- 26 officials and experts representing international organisations, universities and specialised institutions participated in the summit, highlighting the requirements of people with disabilities when travelling and exploring tourist destinations
- The conference came out with 58 key recommendations to deal with the main challenges faced by People with Disabilities in the areas of mobility, hospitality and travel worldwide.
- 142 billion euros missed opportunities on the economy and global tourism due to the reluctance of tourists with disabilities to move and travel due to the lack of services and facilities that suit them
- 450 officials in the travel and tourism sectors attended the 3rd edition of the summit
Our News For You
Lyon: A global benchmark in Accessible Tourism
The French city of Lyon, sitting where the Rhône and Saône rivers meet, with its history dating 43 BC, is a dynamic, sophisticated and accessible city
New partnership for creating unique tourism experiences for deaf people
Amsaan Accessible Tours (AAT), the first company in the MENA region specializing in creating unique tourism experiences for deaf people
Accessible Tourism industry can benefit from VR technology
The use in the tourism industry of Virtual Reality (VR), a simulated experience that employs pose tracking and 3D near-eye displays to give the user an immersive feel of a virtual world
India makes a push for Accessible Tourism
India, amid global efforts to create a universally accessible and inclusive tourism culture, is working on developing ‘accessible tourism guidelines for India’ to help both public and private sectors develop their resources and services by the concept of ‘Tourism for All’
Tourists with disabilities first for four global cities
With one in six people living with a disability, ensuring that cities around the world are accessible to all is vital
Why you should not miss
- Tourism dedicated towards People of Determination has remained largely untapped despite vast technological advancements and innovations in the way they can explore the world
- Assuming 15% of the world’s total 1.2 billion tourists are faced with disabilities – it’s a huge potential market as they spend three times more than the average tourist
- A platform with multi-dimensional benefits for your company/organisation to express/display strong association with People of Determination.
- Be seen as a company/organisation that strongly supports the governmental efforts to make life better for every individual in our society
- Meet government ministers, decision-makers, social influencers and other crucial market players for networking and professional benefits
- The conference takes forward the mission of enabling People with Disabilities to enjoy the world of tourism, with the governments, tourism bodies, travel industry players, urban planners and others working in tandem
- The conference is a step towards moving further in determining what the people with disabilities requires
- Help the tourism industry to get the right strategies and programmes in place
- It will be an ideal platform to know how technology and innovation are getting better to make life easy and more accessible
- A timely platform to network and share strategies and experiences and understand the market needs and expectations